The proscribed Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) on Friday said its leader, Nnamdi Kanu, does not need any form of permission from the ‘cabal’ in Aso Rock to return to the country.
A statement by the group’s Media and Publicity Director, Emma Powerful claimed an unnamed ‘cabal’ at the Presidency was surprised by the recent diplomatic feats Kanu had allegedly recorded.
He said: “Recent decisive diplomatic advances recorded by our leader have taken them by surprise.
“Our leader never asked anybody to campaign for his return to bury his mother. Why these busy-bodies would be poking their noses into a matter that does not concern him is beyond understanding.
“Nnamdi Kanu does not need to consult anybody to return here. Our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is yet to make his intentions public regarding his proposed visit.
“If and when that happens, they should be rest assured that no permission would be sought from the Aso Rock cabal that rule Nigeria or anybody else for that matter.”
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Boko Haram attacks Adamawa state, Many feared Dead
- Indian man makes Donald Trump status, worships it as his God (video)
- Meet the Nigerian Governor who has been Governing his state from Abuja since 2019
- Abba Kyari vs Monguno: Buratai withdraws Soldiers working with National security Adviser
- Boko Haram Bill is satanic and unconstitutional, An Invitation to another Civil War – Human Rights
- Oluwo gets 6 months suspension for threatening to destroy fellow Traditional Ruler
- Boko Haram Bill is a Plot to grant amnesty to Boko Haram – Ohanaeze
- God is Punishing the North with Insurgency for killing 2 million Igbos During Biafra war – Ohanaeze Replies Sultan of sokoto
- Court Orders DSS to Probe Bayelsa Deputy Governor
- Senator Ndume Rejects Boko Haram Bill, says’ It will Encourage people to Join Boko Haram