About 187 Nigerians affected by the recent xenophobic attacks in South Africa have arrived Nigeria on-board an Air Peace flight.
They were promised N40,000 Naira worth of air time, 9GB of data valid for 2 months as well as a soft loan from the Bank of Industry by the Federal government.
Chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, NIDCOM Abike Dabiri-Erewa led a team of government officials to receive the returnees while commending the management of Air Peace for the kind gesture.
Dabiri-Erewa said a “total of 187 Nigerians were evacuated, amongst whom over 30 were children.” About 317 were initially billed to return on the flight which experienced over 15 hours delay by the South African authorities.
The development follows a directive from President Muhammadu Buhari to evacuate Nigerians in South Africa willing to return home due to renewed xenophobic uprisings.
President Mohammadu Buhari gave the order after receiving the report of the special envoy whom he dispatched to South Africa over the xenophobic attacks.
Hon Dabiri-Erewa told the returnees that “apart from transport stipend to convey them to their various destinations, for ease of communication, they are to receive SIM cards with N40,000 Naira worth of air time, plus 9GB of data valid for 2 months as well as a soft loan from the Bank of Industry to support those interested in small trade and businesses.”
She said a programme of reintegration will also be put in place subsequently.
The returnees were thankful to President Buhari, the Chairman and management of Air Peace as well as the Consul-General in South Africa and the High Commission in Pretoria for their efforts in ensuring their successful return to Nigeria.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Boko Haram attacks Adamawa state, Many feared Dead
- Indian man makes Donald Trump status, worships it as his God (video)
- Meet the Nigerian Governor who has been Governing his state from Abuja since 2019
- Abba Kyari vs Monguno: Buratai withdraws Soldiers working with National security Adviser
- Boko Haram Bill is satanic and unconstitutional, An Invitation to another Civil War – Human Rights
- Oluwo gets 6 months suspension for threatening to destroy fellow Traditional Ruler
- Boko Haram Bill is a Plot to grant amnesty to Boko Haram – Ohanaeze
- God is Punishing the North with Insurgency for killing 2 million Igbos During Biafra war – Ohanaeze Replies Sultan of sokoto
- Court Orders DSS to Probe Bayelsa Deputy Governor
- Senator Ndume Rejects Boko Haram Bill, says’ It will Encourage people to Join Boko Haram