A 19-year-old cultist arrested by a team of policemen from Oworoshoki Police Division led by a Superintendent of Police (SP) Nkereuwem Joshua, has narrated how cultism destroyed his future while begging his parents for forgiveness.
A police source who confirmed the arrest of the alleged Aiye Confraternity member identified as Ayo Afiolorunsho, said he was arrested after a meeting with other cult members in which they planned an attack on a rival cult group.
“The suspect was picked up at Oworoshoki area of the Third Mainland Bridge, as his group was planning a deadly attack on rival Eiye cult group. The suspect confessed that they went to Oworonsoki, after leaving a meeting at Obalende. He said that they were supposed to have another meeting at Oworoshoki, when police appeared and arrested them all.
“The cultists, on sighting the police team, took to their heels. However, Afiolorunsho was arrested, in possession of a sword, which he said was for self-defence” the police source said.
The vulcanizer and second child in a family of six on his own part disclosed that he was initiated into the Aiye cult group in Ikorodu area of Lagos after successive threats.
“There is nothing to gain from cultism. I regret being a member of Aiye. Those that forced me to join cultism made so many promises to me, but all were lies. Since the police arrested me, not one member of the group under any guise has visited me. I am left to my fate.
My parents are ashamed of me. I plead with youths to shun cultism. If I should regain my freedom, I would relocate to my village immediately and practice my trade. I have ruined my future with the group that I joined. I’m finished. My future is gone! I don’t know if I will ever leave the police custody” he said.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Boko Haram attacks Adamawa state, Many feared Dead
- Indian man makes Donald Trump status, worships it as his God (video)
- Meet the Nigerian Governor who has been Governing his state from Abuja since 2019
- Abba Kyari vs Monguno: Buratai withdraws Soldiers working with National security Adviser
- Boko Haram Bill is satanic and unconstitutional, An Invitation to another Civil War – Human Rights
- Oluwo gets 6 months suspension for threatening to destroy fellow Traditional Ruler
- Boko Haram Bill is a Plot to grant amnesty to Boko Haram – Ohanaeze
- God is Punishing the North with Insurgency for killing 2 million Igbos During Biafra war – Ohanaeze Replies Sultan of sokoto
- Court Orders DSS to Probe Bayelsa Deputy Governor
- Senator Ndume Rejects Boko Haram Bill, says’ It will Encourage people to Join Boko Haram