Minority Leader of the Senate, Enyinnaya Abaribe, has said that he would embark on foreign trips regardless of a threat by the Indigenous People of Biafra to publicly humiliate Nigerian leaders, who they claim have impoverished the country.
Although IPOB excluded Abaribe from the South East leaders which they would attack, Abaribe said he will be travelling next week to Houston and Atlanta in the United States.
Abaribe said : “One of the hallmarks of constitutional democracy is the fundamental rights of people.
“These include rights to travel, rights to freedom of movement, and rights to freedom of association.
“Except we want to have an autocracy, so long it’s a democracy, then you have got to be a democrat. What a democrat does is that they respect the rights of others.
“For instance, I am travelling next week; I will be in Houston and also in Atlanta in the United States.
“I will go anywhere I want to go in the world, I don’t care. Senator Ekweremadu, despite the assault he suffered, has also said that people should be free to go to wherever they want. Because of that, I do not really see why anybody should be afraid to exercise their rights.
“It is only in Nigeria that people do things without getting appropriate sanctions.
“If you restrict the rights of another person in developed countries, I do not think that the enforcement agencies there will just let you walk around and do that.”
Recall that former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu was mercilessly beaten by IPOB members in Nuremberg, Germany for neglecting his duties in Nigeria, just to eat new yam in Germany.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Boko Haram attacks Adamawa state, Many feared Dead
- Indian man makes Donald Trump status, worships it as his God (video)
- Meet the Nigerian Governor who has been Governing his state from Abuja since 2019
- Abba Kyari vs Monguno: Buratai withdraws Soldiers working with National security Adviser
- Boko Haram Bill is satanic and unconstitutional, An Invitation to another Civil War – Human Rights
- Oluwo gets 6 months suspension for threatening to destroy fellow Traditional Ruler
- Boko Haram Bill is a Plot to grant amnesty to Boko Haram – Ohanaeze
- God is Punishing the North with Insurgency for killing 2 million Igbos During Biafra war – Ohanaeze Replies Sultan of sokoto
- Court Orders DSS to Probe Bayelsa Deputy Governor
- Senator Ndume Rejects Boko Haram Bill, says’ It will Encourage people to Join Boko Haram