Anambra Billionaire Builds World Standard Library In Buhari’s Village (Photos)
Sir Emeka Offor was in Kastina state to inspect the ongoing world standard renovation and refurbishing of Waziri Alhassan Public Library in Daura, Kastina state, Muhammadu Buhari’s hometown.
In the company of the Kafanchan born, Orifite indigene was the Governor of Kastina State, Aminu Bello Masari who was beaming with a smile, with some of his aides.
According to reports, the renovation, furnishing and computerizing of the library came courtesy of Sir Emeka Offor Foundation (SEOF) as part of its educational intervention in Africa.
However, some Igbo youths who heard the news expressed their displeasure, with many of them saying that charity must begin at home.
One commentator who wouldn’t like to be mentioned insinuated that the library won’t be appreciated by the people, he said” I’m not saying that it’s bad to seek the betterment of mankind but charity begins at home. Plus every community has its own particular need, a veterinary hospital in Daura would have served your purpose. A library might infuriate the cow community and cost you more. To think that your name is Emeka is infuriating.”
Agbai said,” Please confirm whether we have a standard library in Anambra or anywhere in southeast”
Elder Fidelis was of the Opinion that Sir Emeka did it for his own selfish reasons, he said,” They are all serving their own personal interest. what will a library do for the people of Daura? Instead of Library, he could have opened a factory where shoe polish is manufactured”
Nnaemeka linked Sir Emeka Offor’s library to EEDC, he said” He is holding tightly to his EEDC so he can now blatantly deal with eastern people anyhow he likes on the issue of power supply and no-one will complain cos he has bought the presidency. That’s how Nigeria works. EEDC is the worst disco in Nigeria, so I’m not surprised.”
Our efforts to reach out to Sir Emeka Offor to get his comment on the issue proved abortive as at the time of writing this report.
Sir Emeka is the chairman, Board of Directors, Enugu Electricity Distribution Company, EEDC. He was born in Kafanchan, Kaduna State.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Boko Haram attacks Adamawa state, Many feared Dead
- Indian man makes Donald Trump status, worships it as his God (video)
- Meet the Nigerian Governor who has been Governing his state from Abuja since 2019
- Abba Kyari vs Monguno: Buratai withdraws Soldiers working with National security Adviser
- Boko Haram Bill is satanic and unconstitutional, An Invitation to another Civil War – Human Rights
- Oluwo gets 6 months suspension for threatening to destroy fellow Traditional Ruler
- Boko Haram Bill is a Plot to grant amnesty to Boko Haram – Ohanaeze
- God is Punishing the North with Insurgency for killing 2 million Igbos During Biafra war – Ohanaeze Replies Sultan of sokoto
- Court Orders DSS to Probe Bayelsa Deputy Governor
- Senator Ndume Rejects Boko Haram Bill, says’ It will Encourage people to Join Boko Haram