A Delta State Divisional Police Officer kidnapped along Benin-Asaba Expressway on Friday August 9, has been released after reportedly paying a N3m ransom.
The DPO said to be in-charge of Galilee Police Station at Ute-Ogbeje community in Ika North East Local Government Area of the state was identified as Mr Okoro, and he was reportedly whisked to an unknown location by the kidnappers who abducted him after shooting indiscriminately.
A source at the police command’s headquarters in Asaba, told Punch that the DPO regained his freedom after paying N3m on Sunday August 11.
However the Commissioner of Police Delta State, Mr. Adeyinka Adeleke denied the claim while stating that the police does not support payment of ransom to kidnappers. He further disclosed that the kidnapped DPO is his friend.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- African Pastor caught Having $€x with his church member in a Hotel Room (video)
- European union threatens to Ban Nigerians from Travelling to European Countries
- Nigeria Senate introduces bill to create agency for repentant Boko Haram members
- Buhari is dead and buried in a shallow grave in Saudi Arabia – Nnamdi kanu
- My Husband urinates on the bed and keep blaming our Son – Nigerian woman
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)