Kaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir Ahmad El-Rufai on Saturday led a raid on another illagel rehabilitation centre in Rigasa community, Igabi local government area of Kaduna State.
The raid is coming barely three weeks after a similar centre was discovered in the same Rigasa community.
During the raid at the rehabilitation centre called Malam Nigga Rehabilitation Centre, 147 inmates including 22 females and five children were evacuated by the state government.
Many of the inmates who spoke to our Correspondent alleged being dehumanised and severally abused sexually.
At the Mando Hajj Camp where the inmates were given temporary shelter, our Correspondent observed that, they were given first aid treatment and tested for possible ailments.
Commenting on the raid, the state officer in charge of the National Human Rights Commission in Kaduna, Terngu Gwar strongly condemn the torture and chaining of inmates for whatever reason saying the commission will collaborate with relevant agencies to ensure that justice is done to the inmates.
“There were 147 victims, comprising 22 females and 3 minors.
“What we saw was a replica of the slave trade era with humans in chains. It is unfortunate that people are being subjected to the unimaginable torture, inhuman and degrading treatment in this 21st century.
“Women were serially sexually abused. The NHRC strongly condemn these actions. These are totally unacceptable and are clear violations of every human rights standard.
The NHRC will collaborate efforts with other agencies of government to ensure that the victims get the needed justice” he said.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Boko Haram attacks Adamawa state, Many feared Dead
- Indian man makes Donald Trump status, worships it as his God (video)
- Meet the Nigerian Governor who has been Governing his state from Abuja since 2019
- Abba Kyari vs Monguno: Buratai withdraws Soldiers working with National security Adviser
- Boko Haram Bill is satanic and unconstitutional, An Invitation to another Civil War – Human Rights
- Oluwo gets 6 months suspension for threatening to destroy fellow Traditional Ruler
- Boko Haram Bill is a Plot to grant amnesty to Boko Haram – Ohanaeze
- God is Punishing the North with Insurgency for killing 2 million Igbos During Biafra war – Ohanaeze Replies Sultan of sokoto
- Court Orders DSS to Probe Bayelsa Deputy Governor
- Senator Ndume Rejects Boko Haram Bill, says’ It will Encourage people to Join Boko Haram