According to reports, Abubakar Tsav, a former Commissioner of Police in Lagos State has said politicians are responsible for activities of bandits terrorising the country.
Tsav spoke on Tuesday, August 113th in Makurdi that banditry and most insecurities occurring in the country were created by politicians. He said most politicians knew exactly who the bandits were and why they were carrying out such activities.
“Banditry and insecurity are created by politicians and the politicians know who the bandits are. They know why these people are doing this. I want to appeal to our political class to have a change of heart and cooperate with security agencies to reduce criminality in the land. “If the police are courageous enough to search houses and monitor activities of politicians, you will see what they will recover from them,” he said.
He said increased level of corruption and porous borders had also contributed to the ongoing security challenge as most arms were smuggled into the country through the borders. Tsav advised the Federal Government to embark on massive employment of security personnel as this would mop up most of the unemployed youths from the streets and reduce criminality in the country.
According to him, security agencies, especially the police, lack manpower to handle the incessant security breaches in the country as most of the ones in the service were currently attached to politicians.
“In the police service, for instance, we have few policemen and most of them are attached to politicians. In fact, the government should reduce salary of the legislature to fund the new intake.
“It is dangerous to attach a police officer to stay with a politician for more than two years because the moment they stay long with them they become very loyal to them instead of the Nigeria police force,” he said.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Buhari is the problem of Nigeria not the Solution, He should also create ministry of Boko Haram – Reno Omokri
- Senate does not create Agency for Widows and Orphans of killed soldiers, But only for Boko Haram – Reno Omokri
- African Pastor caught Having $€x with his church member in a Hotel Room (video)
- European union threatens to Ban Nigerians from Travelling to European Countries
- Nigeria Senate introduces bill to create agency for repentant Boko Haram members
- Buhari is dead and buried in a shallow grave in Saudi Arabia – Nnamdi kanu
- My Husband urinates on the bed and keep blaming our Son – Nigerian woman
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police