A woman born with 12 fingers and 20 toes has described how neighbours ‘keep away’ from her because they think she’s a witch.
Kumar Nayak, 63, has lived with the abnormality since birth and has never afforded treatment,.
She says others living in the same town of Ganjam, in the Indian state of Odisha, either ‘keep away’ or give her abuse because of her rare condition.
‘I was born with this defect and I couldn’t be treated as we belonged to a poor family,’ she said. ‘It has been 63 years I have been in the condition I am today.
The residents nearby believe that I am a witch and keep away from me. But sometimes more visitors come to see my condition. I am forced to stay indoors as I am treated differently.’
One sympathetic neighbour added: ‘I know that she has a medical problem, and it has nothing to do with what others believe her to be. ‘I feel so sorry for her she cannot even afford to get herself treated.’ (Metro UK)
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Female student Caught on camera, giving male classmate a Lap dance (video)
- Buhari is the problem of Nigeria not the Solution, He should also create ministry of Boko Haram – Reno Omokri
- Senate does not create Agency for Widows and Orphans of killed soldiers, But only for Boko Haram – Reno Omokri
- African Pastor caught Having $€x with his church member in a Hotel Room (video)
- European union threatens to Ban Nigerians from Travelling to European Countries
- Nigeria Senate introduces bill to create agency for repentant Boko Haram members
- Buhari is dead and buried in a shallow grave in Saudi Arabia – Nnamdi kanu
- My Husband urinates on the bed and keep blaming our Son – Nigerian woman
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO