THE police in Ogun State have captured three people for supposedly murdering a couple on June 30. James Olaosebikan, 72, and his significant other, Esther, 68, were killed without a second thought at their Sagamu home.
Their executioners, as per the police, entered their home through the roof and butchered them.
The suspects, Ibrahim Uthman, Aba Abdulkareem and Abdulhamid Ibrahim were captured on July 12 and they admitted to have slaughtered the couple after they (the couple) remembered one of the four equipped men who attacked their home to loot them.
Police spokesman Abimbola Oyeyemi, a Deputy Superintendent (DSP), said the incident was reported by the couple’s son, Joseph Olaosebikan.
He said: “Upon the report, the Commissioner of Police, Bashir Makama, ordered the DPO of Sagamu Division, SP Okiki Agunbiade, to fish out the killers within the shortest possible time. The DPO and his men embarked on technical and forensic investigation of the case and their efforts yielded positive result with the arrest of three members of the gang.
“They confessed being members of a robbery gang and that one of their colleagues, now at large, invited them for the purpose of robbing an old couple and a nearby shop.
“But on getting to the house, they discovered that the couple recognised one of them, hence they killed them.
“CP Bashir Makama has ordered the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (SCIID) to take over the case for proper investigation. He also directed that the fleeing member of the gang must be brought to book within the shortest possible time,” said Oyeyemi.
- Amotekun: Nigeria is Not Working – Oyegun, Former APC Chairman
- Trump grants Religious Freedom in US, students can now pray and read their Bible in school
- PHOTOS: Anthony Joshua visits Buhari in London, shows off his championship Belts
- when i had accident, my father sold his bike to save my Life, today i bought him a car (photos)
- Nigerian Lady celebrates her boyfriend, says’ your di*k is my Life, etc. (photos)