- All in One SEO Pack is the second most popular SEO plugin out there. According to WordPress.org, it’s active on over 2 million sites while keeping up a 4.4-star rating on over 400 reviews.
One of the things that you’ll either like, or maybe not like, about All in One SEO Pack is that it doesn’t come with any analysis features.
That is, it gives you the settings that you need, but it doesn’t make suggestions for how you use those settings.
rom these settings, you can:
- Control the basic title/description format, including using variables.
- Choose which content types to use All in One SEO Pack on.
- Connect to Google Search Console and other webmaster tools.
- Configure basic sitewide schema.
- Noindex certain content types.
2 . Yoast SEO is the most popular WordPress SEO plugin out there. It’s active on over 5 million sites according to WordPress.org, where it’s also maintained a 4.9-star ratingon over 23,000 reviews.
One of the unique things about Yoast SEO is its focus on analysis. That is, beyond just letting you control your site’s SEO information, Yoast SEO also tries to give you suggestions to improve your content. There are two main focuses for this analysis:
- Focus keyphrase – how SEO optimized your post is for a target keyword.
- Readability – how “readable” your post is for human visitors.
This meta box also lets you:
- Control how your content looks on social media
- Noindex or nofollow a post
- Add a canonical URL
As for settings, Yoast’s are a lot more spread out. There is a setup wizard to help you configure most of the basics, which is great for beginners.
After that, you’ll need to poke around to find the various areas where you can:
- Control default templates for titles/descriptions
- Connect to Google Search Console
- Add your social profiles
Unlike All in One SEO Pack, Yoast SEO turns on most of its features by default. For example, it creates an XML sitemap for you automatically.
But if desired, it does still give you the same modular approach where you can turn specific features off:
.Yoast SEO and All in One SEO Pack are the two giants in WordPress SEO. These next three plugins aren’t nearly as popular, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t just as good.
If there were one overall adjective to describe this plugin, it would be lightweight. Everything about it is trying to be as optimized and unobtrusive as possible.
Like the others, the SEO meta box lets you control:
- Social media settings
- Visibility (nofollow, noindex, canonical, etc.).
The SEO Settings area lets you configure all the important settings, including settings for:
- Basic schema markup like breadcrumbs and Google sitelinks
- The automatically-generated XML sitemap
- Social media
Then, there are also a variety of free and premium modular extensions that can help you add:
- Focus keyword analysis like Yoast SEO
- Local SEO features
- Structured data for articles
SEOPress is another newcomer that’s quickly building a name for itself. It’s also running a 4.9-star rating on over 175 reviews and it’s now active on over 20,00 sites.
One thing you’ll notice right away is the well-designed interface that does a good job of:
- Letting you control exactly which features are active
- Keeping things streamlined
- Giving you access to deeper settings if desired
These settings let you control:
- Titles and metas
- Various sitemaps
- Social networks
- Google Analytics
- Advanced options, like redirecting attachment pages to the post parent.