Ten yet-to-be identified Nigerians detained in a prison in Noida, Uttar Pradesh in India have escaped from jail.
Reports, according to India’s Business Standard, said the Nigerians who were detained by Gautam Buddh Nagar police broke jail on Thursday. However, some of them have been recaptured.
Additional Director General of Police of Meerut zone, said “Some inmates escaped due to negligence of guard and some of them were later caught.Action being taken against staff whoever is responsible for it.”
The Uttar Pradesh police on Wednesday detained as many as 60 foreigners who were reportedly living in India without valid travel documents or suspected to be involved in criminal activities.
They were arrested in the course of “Operation Clean 10”, meant to catch foreign nationals living in the national capital region.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- APC was created to fight poverty – Osinbajo
- How Fulani Herdsmen attacked me in my Farm, shot at me – Ortom, Governor of Benue
- Femi Adesina is sick for saying that Insecurity has reduced under Buhari – Fani Kayode
- Exclusive: Catholic Bishop spotted on Okada – Enugu state (photos)
- PHOTOS: 60 year old woman gets married for the first time – Anambra state