Nigeria captain, John Obi Mikel would miss the remainder of the country’s campaign at the on-going 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.
Mikel strained his knee in the Super Eagles’ 2-0 loss to Madagascar and was replaced by Alex Iwobi in the 59th minute. After several checks by the medical staff, it has confirmed that he will be out of their Round of 16 clash, and the 32-year-old could miss the rest of the championship.
While coach, Gernot Rohr remained vague as to the extent of the injury, it was understood that the problem is not a severe one, but the German will not risk exacerbating the injury.Therefore, the new Trabzonspor signing may not feature again in Egypt.
This setback will come as a blow to the former Chelsea man, who earlier revealed Egypt 2019 could be his last #AFCON. #AFCON2019 – odinceblog sports
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Iran wants to Negotiate with US, but they want their Sanctions Removed, No thanks! – Trump
- Trump shows off New US Air Force Logo he designed (Photos)
- Leah Sharibu forced to accept Islam, gives birth for Boko Haram commander
- How i raped an epileptic girl inside Bush after threatening her with Gun – Nigerian hunter
- How I slept with my Son and Later got Pregnant for Him – Nigerian Woman