The Arewa Youths Consultative Forum, AYCF, has said that it’s behind the establishment of Amotekun by Southwest governors.
Arewa Youths President General, Yerima Shettima, in an exclusive interview with DAILY POST said Amotekun was a noble idea that would complement the efforts of the Federal Government in the fight against insecurity.
” I’m obviously in support of Amotekun. I have come to understand that over time, there are issues between the federal government and states over the issue of Amotekun but I also know that they can always sit and amend it.
“Moreover, I also do not subscribe to the notion that the Amotekun idea was to confront the federal government or do something different from what the government is doing but its to complement the effort of the Nigeria Police Force. Don’t forget that they are faced with a lot of security challenges in recent time.
“Even in the context of international law, it’s allowed, so rather than castigate, we should see how to put it right. Enact laws within the state level so at the end of the day, the dos and don’ts will be spelt out for the group and such must be encouraged. Hopefully, we can overcome our security challenges now.”
Recall that governors from Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, and Lagos States had a few weeks ago in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital launched the security outfit.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Buhari is the problem of Nigeria not the Solution, He should also create ministry of Boko Haram – Reno Omokri
- Senate does not create Agency for Widows and Orphans of killed soldiers, But only for Boko Haram – Reno Omokri
- African Pastor caught Having $€x with his church member in a Hotel Room (video)
- European union threatens to Ban Nigerians from Travelling to European Countries
- Nigeria Senate introduces bill to create agency for repentant Boko Haram members
- Buhari is dead and buried in a shallow grave in Saudi Arabia – Nnamdi kanu
- My Husband urinates on the bed and keep blaming our Son – Nigerian woman
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police