President Buhari’s Chief of Staff (CoS) Abba Kyari in his testimony at the Presidential tribunal on Tuesday July 30, alleged that former Vice President Atiku Abubakar wasn’t born a Nigerian.
Abba Kyari was one of the three witnesses called in by President Buhari’s legal team led by Wole Olanipekun (SAN) after they tendered 26 sets of documents. Giving his testimony after the PDP and Atiku closed their case on July 19 after calling in 62 witnesses, the CoS said Jada area of Adamawa State was still part of Northern Cameroon and referred to as French Cameroons as at November 25, 1946 when Atiku claimed that he was born.
CoS Abba Kyari maintained that Atiku’s parents also qualified to be Cameroonians and further added that every child born in Jada and to Jada parents were automatically citizens of Cameroon by the French policy of assimilation and before the 1961 plebiscite was conducted.
However under cross-examination by Atiku’s lead counsel Livy Uzoukwu (SAN), Kyari confirmed that Atiku was vice president for eight years and also contested to be the presidential candidate of the APC in 2014. The CoS who said he is from Borno but not a Cameroonian also admitted not knowing Atiku’s grandfather and father even though he is 67 years old.
The hearing was adjourned till today July 31, at the conclusion of Kyari’s testimony.
- Amotekun: Nigeria is Not Working – Oyegun, Former APC Chairman
- Trump grants Religious Freedom in US, students can now pray and read their Bible in school
- PHOTOS: Anthony Joshua visits Buhari in London, shows off his championship Belts
- when i had accident, my father sold his bike to save my Life, today i bought him a car (photos)
- Nigerian Lady celebrates her boyfriend, says’ your di*k is my Life, etc. (photos)