On Wednesday night, bandits launched a fresh onslaught on four communities of Kankara and Danmusa Local Government Areas of Katsina State, killing no fewer than 17 residents.
Some of those killed, according to local sources, were asleep, when the “heavily armed bandits” attacked them. The hoodlums also attacked Maidabino market in Danmusa Local Government, where they reportedly killed two persons and injured many.
A resident, Aliyu Abdulkadir, said that the bandits attacked Ungwar Rabo around 9 p.m. and opened fire on some youths who were watching films at a viewing centre in the area and killed nine.
He added: “They came back again and ransacked Ungwar Nagwande where they massacred four. They also slaughtered two at Gidan Daji and carted away many of our animals. We are still searching for corpses in the bush and there is fear that the death toll will rise because most of our people are still missing. We are calling on government to negotiate with these people (bandits) to end wanton killings in the state.”
According to Abdulkadir, many were injured and are receiving treatment at Kankara and Dandume General Hospitals, while those whose injuries are serious were referred to Katsina General Hospital. It was gathered that security personnel later went to the affected communities in three vehicles, hours after the bandits had “finished” their deadly operations.
However, the spokesman of the Katsina State Police Command and Superintendent of Police, SP Gambo Isah, told newsmen that only 11 were killed in Kankara Local Government, while two people were shot at Maidabino village of Danmusa Local Government. He explained that a team of security operatives had since been deployed in the areas to restore normally, urging residents not to panic as security agencies were on top of the situation.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Urhobo Union reacts to Fulani Herdsmen attack in Delta state, says’ we will defend ourselves
- I am Beautiful but Men Run away from me – Single Lady Laments
- Amaechi Chief Security Officer Electrocuted in Kaduna (photos)
- Boko Haram killing of the CAN chairman is not Buhari’s Fault – Femi Adesina
- My Girlfriend Made me Eat Her A*s and Taste Her Shit
- Photos of Abacha’s ’40 year old’ Uncompleted Building Abandoned in Lagos
- Supreme Court Adjourns Review Of Imo Governorship Case To March 2
- Gunmen shoots Custom officers Evacuating Bags of Smuggled Rice in Ogun state (photos)
- Bandits kills 4 soldiers and 2 Civilians in Bayelsa state
- North will destroy itself if i does’t change – Sanusi