Hoodlums suspected to be political thugs on Tuesday descended on leaders of the Adavi local government, Kogi State branch of the National Union of Local Government Employee/Medical and Health Workers Union of Nigeria.
They inflicted various degrees of injuries on the leaders.
The union’s billed congress aimed at discussing alleged non- payment of salary was brought to an abrupt stop.
The thugs, who were reportedly armed with sticks and horse whips, inflicted injuries on some of the union leaders, including the Adavi branch NULGE chairman, Comrade Muhammed Yakubu Isah.
Isah, who described the attack as very embarrassing, said the union had passed a circular to suspend the congress in line with the LG sole administrator’s (Hon. Joseph Salami) directive at the time of the attack.
He stated the union has already reported the matter at the Adavi Divisional Police Headquarters.
He called on those in position of authority to govern with the fear of God, saying that the union meant no harm, as they have the right to converge to discuss their welfare.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Buhari Government is working with Boko Haram to kill Christians – CAN
- Amotekun: Self Defense Is International Human Rights – Atiku
- How can Governors setup “Amotekun” when they have not paid Minimum wage ? – Junaid Mohammed
- Imo state: 9 Lawmakers defects to APC, Deputy speaker Resigns
- Oxford Adds Okada, Tokunbo, Danfo, Mama Put, 25 other Nigerian words In Dictionary (read)