According to Reports, Angry mob suspected to be supporters of the All Progressives Congress (APC), have attacked the premises of the Bayelsa State Broadcasting Corporation damaging and looting valuables to protest the declaration of the candidate the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Senator Douye Diri, as the Governor-elect by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
Also attacked was the PDP secretariat in Yenagoa, and the Azaiki Library belonging to a PDP stalwart and member representing Yenagoa/Kolokuma/Opokuma Federal Constituency in the Federal House of Representatives, Prof. Steve Azaiki, was not spared in the attack.
Staff of the corporation who shared a boundary with the Ekeki Police Division situated along Azikoro Road were brutally beaten and several injuries inflicted on them.
Some of the items looted include computers, television sets, phones, microphones, music equipment and cash.
The protesters who took over the streets of Yenagoa shortly after Diri was declared as the Governor-elect, stormed his home along Imgbi Road, damaging properties within sight.
Below are some pictures:
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)
- Inside Buhari’s Government, Ministers and Aides fighting against Each Other – Jackson Ude
- Don’t Date a Girl who cannot Pay her Transport fare to come to see you – Nigerian Lady Advises Men
- Women cheat more than Men – White Lady (video)
- Nigerian Man makes his own Vehicle, test-runs it in Lagos (photos)
- Lawmakers vs Innoson: Foreign Cars permitted but Foreign Rice not permitted – Shehu Sani
- Lady Beats her Mother mercilessly After A Pastor Said she is A Witch (video)