The Ijaw Youths Council (IYC), Central Zone, has insisted that it would not allow the Indigeneous People of Biafra (IPOB) to hold its meeting in any part of Bayelsa State.
According to reports obtained, IPOB scheduled meeting in Yenagoa at the weekend could not hold because the Kennedy Olorogun-led IYC warned against it.
The IYC Chairman threatened that anybody caught holding such meeting in the state would be thoroughly beaten.
Describing such meeting as a threat to Ijaw nation, Olorogun maintained that IPOB should restrict activities for its agitations to its zone.
Clarifying his position, Olorogun told the Nation that the Ijaw people have their agitation against the Federal Government and had pursued it over the years.
He noted that contrary to the claims of some persons, Ijaw is not part of Biafran territory and will never partake in the activities of IPOB.
He explained that agitations had consequences adding that the Ijaw people had managed their issues without involving persons pushing for Biafra.
Olorogun said following tips received by the leadership of IYC that the IPOB members were preparing to arrive Yenagoa for a meeting, he promptly informed security agencies.
He said apart from warning IPOB against holding such gathering, the IYC sent a team to suspected venues and ensured no part of the state was used for the meeting.
He said: “The agitations of Ijaw against the Federal Government was born at the Kaiama Declaration. Right from then, we have pursued these agitations bearing all consequences associated with them.
“We do not want to inherit another agitation. Therefore, we have warned IPOB to stay away from Ijaw territory. We have said it time without number that Ijaw is not part of Biafran territory. They should restrict their activities within their zone.
“We are calling on hardworking Igbo people in our state to go about their businesses and we also want them to warn their IPOB brothers to stay away from the state.
“Any Biafra group caught holding meeting anywhere in Bayelsa State will be tagged as a deliberate attempt to fight the Ijaw people in their house, and we will not tolerate that but will stand to defend our territory with anything
“We also urge Ijaw people to be vigilant and pass information should in case they notice such meeting any day or anywhere in Bayelsa State”.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Buhari is the problem of Nigeria not the Solution, He should also create ministry of Boko Haram – Reno Omokri
- Senate does not create Agency for Widows and Orphans of killed soldiers, But only for Boko Haram – Reno Omokri
- African Pastor caught Having $€x with his church member in a Hotel Room (video)
- European union threatens to Ban Nigerians from Travelling to European Countries
- Nigeria Senate introduces bill to create agency for repentant Boko Haram members
- Buhari is dead and buried in a shallow grave in Saudi Arabia – Nnamdi kanu
- My Husband urinates on the bed and keep blaming our Son – Nigerian woman
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police