The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Adams Oshiomhole has condemned the Supreme Court’s judgment which sacked David Lyon, APC Governor-elect.
In a unanimous judgement on Thursday, Justice Mary Odilli annulled the party’s victory in Bayelsa State.
A five man panel held that Lyon’s deputy, Degi-Eremieoyo presented a forged certificate to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
But, Oshiomhole speaking at a media briefing in Abuja, on Thursday, said the party will challenge the judgment in court.
He said no one will be sworn in as governor in Bayelsa on Friday because David Lyon is the only candidate who has the constitutional spread to be sworn in as governor.
“No other candidate has the constitutional spread to be sworn in as governor; the judgement lacks fruit of justice.
“Our lawyers are already studying the judgment to take the necessary legal action,” Oshiomhole said.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)
- Inside Buhari’s Government, Ministers and Aides fighting against Each Other – Jackson Ude
- Don’t Date a Girl who cannot Pay her Transport fare to come to see you – Nigerian Lady Advises Men
- Women cheat more than Men – White Lady (video)
- Nigerian Man makes his own Vehicle, test-runs it in Lagos (photos)
- Lawmakers vs Innoson: Foreign Cars permitted but Foreign Rice not permitted – Shehu Sani