Boko Haram insurgents on Thursday opened fire on the convoy of the Governor of Borno State, Babagana Zulum.
According to TheCable, security sources said the insurgents attacked the convoy in Konduga while Zulum was returning from a trip to the Bama Local Government Area.
Zulum had visited Bayo, Kwaya Kusar, Askira Uba and Gwoza as part of his “familiarity and need assessment tour” of the 27 LGAs in the state.
The source said, “Luckily the governor, his commissioners and other vehicles in the convoy escaped unhurt but the last vehicle which is an army gun truck was pelted with bullets.
“Immediately after they fired at us, our men in collaboration with the armed personnel from the Federal Special Anti Robbery Squad, retaliated and thwarted the ambush.”
The incident was said to have happened around 9pm.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Trump wins impeachment Pool, He cannot be impeached (photos)
- Big Sea turtle caught in Bayelsa state River (photos)
- Imo: Buhari sends message to PDP over protests
- APC blasts PDP for protesting against Supreme Court, says’ it is a threat to Nigeria Democracy
- Bayelsa is not part of Biafra, IPOB members caught holding meeting will be beaten – Ijaw Youths