A fresh attack by Boko Haram terrorists on Borno State has resulted in the death of at least 30 persons while no less than 18 vehicles were also completely burnt.
The insurgents launched the attack against travelling passengers in Auno, a town 20 kilometres from Maiduguri, Borno state capital.
The passengers were en route to Maiduguri before they were attacked by suspected Boko Haram terrorists around 10pm on Sunday.
According to reports, the passengers had stopped over at Auno as a result of the blockade of the road into the state capital by the military operatives after they missed the curfew.
Many persons, including women and children, were also reportedly kidnapped during the attack.
Dogo Shettima, an aide to Governor Babagana Zulum of Borno State confirmed the killing and destruction of property during the attack.
“Auno Attack: Zulum visits scene, reiterates government’s commitment to end Insurgency@GovBorno @ProfZulum accompanied by the Garrison Commander 7 Div Nigerian Army, has on Monday morning visited Auno, a town 24 km away from Maiduguri the capital of Borno state. @SpokesmanBornoG
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)
- Inside Buhari’s Government, Ministers and Aides fighting against Each Other – Jackson Ude
- Don’t Date a Girl who cannot Pay her Transport fare to come to see you – Nigerian Lady Advises Men
- Women cheat more than Men – White Lady (video)
- Nigerian Man makes his own Vehicle, test-runs it in Lagos (photos)
- Lawmakers vs Innoson: Foreign Cars permitted but Foreign Rice not permitted – Shehu Sani