Suspected members of Boko Haram sect yesterday invaded Yimirmugza near Kautikari community of Chibok Local Government Area of Borno state, sacked community members, destroyed and set houses on fire. They equally looted some foodstuffs.
The insurgents stormed the community at the time most panicking residents have fled into the bush for safety.
According to an Elder statesman from Chibok, Mallam Abga Pogu said, “Reports coming from Yimirmugza, Kautikari in Chibok LGA indicates that houses were burnt ,stores broken provisions looted , cars burnt and people injured”.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Big Sea turtle caught in Bayelsa state River (photos)
- Imo: Buhari sends message to PDP over protests
- APC blasts PDP for protesting against Supreme Court, says’ it is a threat to Nigeria Democracy
- Bayelsa is not part of Biafra, IPOB members caught holding meeting will be beaten – Ijaw Youths
- PDP Protest: Ihedioha, Abaribe, Secondus, Obi protests against supreme court – Abuja (video)