A Viral Video trending online, shows the moment, Borno state governor, Babagana Zulum rebuked some Nigerian soldiers at Damaturu-Maiduguri road for collecting bribe on the High way.
This incident occurred some minutes after Zulum left the community that was attacked by Boko Haram insurgents on Saturday and on his way to Jakana ran into a long queue of vehicles at one of the checkpoints.
Governor of Borno state alighted from his vehicle and walked straight to where some of the soldiers were after he had been supposedly updated by his people that the security operatives were extorting people.
“I’m going to report all of you in this unit… nobody can tolerate this. Boko Haram is attacking people and you are here collecting N1000 per car,” he said.
The Governor was seen condemning the ugly act but one of the soldiers said, “he would look into the case” probably to calm the Governor but Zulum fired back at him saying; “But we saw them”.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
Share your story with us: Whatsapp: 09029172905, Email: News@odinceblog.com
- Igbos vs Yorubas: “Operation Amotekun” A Game Changer For 2023 – Reno Omokri
- Accident: Trailer falls after clashing with keke, 3 Dead – Anambra state (photos)
- American Couple dies the same day, after being together for 65 years (photos)
- Church members kills non-Believers for sacrifice – Panama (photos)
- Imo protest: Supreme Court’ Destroying Nigeria Democracy – PDP