President Muhammadu Buhari is expected to depart Abuja on Saturday for Niamey, Niger Republic to attend the African Union (AU) Summit, scheduled to hold on 7th July.
A statement by the Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, said Buhari will participate in the 12th Extraordinary Session of the Assembly of the Union on African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) and the First Mid-Year Coordination Meeting of the AU and the Regional Economic Communities (RECs) in Niamey.
The Extraordinary Session of the Assembly of the Union is expected to launch the operational instruments of the Agreement establishing AfCFTA.
The instruments include: AfCFTA Rules of Origin, Tariff Concession Portals, Portal on Monitoring and Elimination of Non-Tariff Barriers, Digital Payments and Clearing Systems and African Trade and Observatory Dashboard.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Allowing Miyetti Allah to join Amotekun is like Recruiting Demons into an Army of Angels – Fani Kayode
- Bandits kills Man, Rapes his Daughter, abducts his wife in Delta state
- Trump please come and save us, Nigeria’s situation has gone beyond prayers – Nigerian Pastor
- 25 Repentant Boko Haram Members From Niger Republic, Arrives Nigeria (photos)
- Bleaching your skin has nothing to do with the Kingdom of God – Etinosa
- Ohanaeze blasts Buratai for planning to Recruit Youths to fight Boko Haram, says’ count Igbos out
- Drinking milk increases the risk of breast cancer in women – Study
- Anyone who thinks Buhari is in charge of his Government is fooling Himself – Pa Adebanjo
- Fulani herdsmen storms Benue state with Guns and over 4,000 Cows
- Nigerian Boy beats up his Girl friend, bites her breast