Adebayo Shittu, the immediate-past Minister of Communication, says he was shocked when he found out his name wasn’t on the Ministerial list for the 2nd term of President Buhari.
Shittu who was the Minister of Communication in President Buhari’s first tenure, said he felt bad about his exclusion but he has since taken it in good fate.
President Buhari reappointed 14 former ministers and 29 new ones which included seven females, Shittu was part of 18 ex-ministers who did not make the list.
Speaking in an interview, Shittu said..
“Of course, I expected that I will be reappointed (as minister) but when it didn’t happen, as a Muslim, it didn’t take me five minutes before I accepted that what has come, it’s the will of God.
And I have also found comfort in a Quranic verse when God promised that what is to come later is better than what is with you now. So for me, it says we must accept that there is always something better with God which he gives to his beloved.
“I see myself as a beloved of God. I have come a long way and I have served at the state and national levels and the experience that I have garnered over the last three and half years cannot be purchased from the stores or from the market”.
He was the youngest lawmaker at the age of 26 to be elected a member of the Oyo State House of Assembly in 1979.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Nigerian Woman kills her kids, commits suicide after her husband slept with her maid (photos)
- APC was created to fight poverty – Osinbajo
- How Fulani Herdsmen attacked me in my Farm, shot at me – Ortom, Governor of Benue
- Femi Adesina is sick for saying that Insecurity has reduced under Buhari – Fani Kayode
- Exclusive: Catholic Bishop spotted on Okada – Enugu state (photos)