President Buhari has extended the closure of borders with other countries till January 2020.
According to an official memo signed by the Comptroller (Enforcement) of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Mr Victor Dimka, which was dated , November 1, 2019, the exercise has so far recorded an “overwhelming success,”
He, however revealed that there are some objectives yet to be achieved, leading to the extension
Customs have observed that a few strategic objectives have yet to be achieved, necessitating the extension.
The memo reads:
“I am directed to inform you that it is observed that despite the overwhelming success of the operation, particularly the security and economic benefits to the nation, a few strategic objectives are you to be achieved.
“Against this background, Mr President has approved the extension of the exercise to January 31, 2020.
“Consequently, you are requested to convey the development to all personnel for their awareness and guidance.
“Meanwhile, allowance for personnel sustenance and fuelling of vehicles for the period of extension will be paid as soon as possible.
“This is for your information and necessary action, please.”
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- IPOB sends serious warning to Ijaw youths for threatening to beat IPOB members in Bayelsa
- Iran wants to Negotiate with US, but they want their Sanctions Removed, No thanks! – Trump
- Trump shows off New US Air Force Logo he designed (Photos)
- Leah Sharibu forced to accept Islam, gives birth for Boko Haram commander
- How i raped an epileptic girl inside Bush after threatening her with Gun – Nigerian hunter