Buhari’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina today September 3rd, says President Buhari has sent a Special Envoy to South Africa to convey to President Cyril Ramaphosa, his concerns over reported attacks on Nigerian citizens and property in the former apartheid enclave since August 29th.
See His statement Below:
President Muhammadu Buhari has noted with deep concern, reported attacks on Nigerian citizens and property in South Africa since August 29, 2019.
Consequently, the President has instructed the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, to summon the South African High Commissioner to Nigeria and get a brief on the situation; express Nigeria’s displeasure over the treatment of her citizens; and assurance of the safety of their lives and property.
President Buhari has also dispatched a Special Envoy to convey to President Cyril Ramaphosa his concerns and also interact with his South African counterpart on the situation.
The Special Envoy is expected to arrive in Pretoria latest Thursday, September 5, 2019.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Balogun market catches fire again, Burns goods and properties – Lagos (photos)
- Lassa Fever has killed 41 persons in 19 states – Minister of Health
- Nigeria Government closes “Panda supermarket” over Coronavirus – Abuja (photos)
- Our responsibility is to Remove Donald Trump – Hillary Clinton
- I was not elected to do small things or shy away from big problems – Donald Trump