President Muhammadu Buhari has dissolved the Special Presidential Investigation Panel for the Recovery of Public Property (SPIP) as currently constituted with Mr. Okoi Obono-Obla as Chairman.
The Attorney-General of the Federation and Minister of Justice has been directed to immediately take over all outstanding investigations and other activities of the SPIP.
This was contained in a statement issued on Tuesday by the Special Adviser on Media and publicity, Chief Femi Adesina.
The panel was established in August 2017 by the then Acting President, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, SAN to investigate specifically mandated cases of corruption, abuse of office and similar offences by public officers.
President Buhari, according to the statement, thanked all members of the dissolved panel for their services.
“The President looks forward to receiving the final Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission (ICPC) report on the ongoing investigations of the dissolved panel’s Chairman,” it stated.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Biafra: Facebook Has Republished my Page – Nnamdi Kanu (photos)
- Federal Government Finally approves “Operation Amotekun”
- Biafra: Facebook blocks Nnamdi Kanu
- Hausa Man Steals Man’s Pennix in Abia state (Photos)
- Lecturer strips female student Nak*d in public for Sleeping with Her Boyfriend – Edo (video)