The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Bayelsa State, David Lyon, has been disqualified by the Federal High Court sitting in Yenagoa, the state capital.
The development is coming on Thursday, two days to the November 16 governorship election in Bayelsa State.
Recall that the party suffered a similar major blow on Tuesday when a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja disqualified its deputy governorship candidate, Senator Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo.
Justice Inyang Ekwo ruled that Senator Degi-Eremienyo presented false information in his CF0001 form submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commissioner (INEC) to contest the election.
Justice Ekwo said he found no connection in the name on Degi-Eremienyo’s school-leaving certificate, first degree (BA), Master’s and the affidavits he sworn to correct his name.
Just a few days after the disqualification of the APC deputy governorship candidate, the court has also ruled that the APC has no candidate for the Saturday governorship election in Bayelsa state.
- Amotekun: Nigeria is Not Working – Oyegun, Former APC Chairman
- Trump grants Religious Freedom in US, students can now pray and read their Bible in school
- PHOTOS: Anthony Joshua visits Buhari in London, shows off his championship Belts
- when i had accident, my father sold his bike to save my Life, today i bought him a car (photos)
- Nigerian Lady celebrates her boyfriend, says’ your di*k is my Life, etc. (photos)