The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress in Bayelsa State, David Lyon, has been disqualified by the Federal High Court sitting in Yenagoa, the state capital.
The development is coming on Thursday, two days to the November 16 governorship election in Bayelsa State.
Recall that the party suffered a similar major blow on Tuesday when a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja disqualified its deputy governorship candidate, Senator Biobarakuma Degi-Eremienyo.
Justice Inyang Ekwo ruled that Senator Degi-Eremienyo presented false information in his CF0001 form submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commissioner (INEC) to contest the election.
Justice Ekwo said he found no connection in the name on Degi-Eremienyo’s school-leaving certificate, first degree (BA), Master’s and the affidavits he sworn to correct his name.
Just a few days after the disqualification of the APC deputy governorship candidate, the court has also ruled that the APC has no candidate for the Saturday governorship election in Bayelsa state.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Our responsibility is to Remove Donald Trump – Hillary Clinton
- I was not elected to do small things or shy away from big problems – Donald Trump
- Trump and Israeli Prime minister meets, unveils Middle East Peace Plan Agreement
- Buhari was Re-Elected Because he is fighting Corruption and he is winning – Lai Mohammed
- Governor Lalong orders arrest of Fulani Herdsmen in Plateau state over attacks