punch Newspaper has sacked its longest serving supervisor Martin Ayankola, following shock over a questionable animation distributed last Thursday.
Ayankola, who was named on December 2012, is the longest-serving proofreader in the 46 years history of The PUNCH.
The paper had on July 4 distributed an article on its closing page by Abimbola Adelakun with the title “What Does Mrs. Fatoyinbo Know”. The article, which inspected the assault claims against Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of the Commonwealth of Zion Assembly (COZA) was represented with the sketch of a man tainting the good book with pee.
Punch had apologized after the animation was welcomed with backfire. A crisis meeting was assembled by the board on Monday where Ayankola was coordinated to leave before the end of work. The manager had just come back from a one-week suspension before the animation adventure.
It is likewise proposed that the feature writer and the executive of the publication board could be influenced by the board’s choice. As indicated by reports, Punch the executives had been looking for Ayankola’s swap for some time.
- Amotekun: Nigeria is Not Working – Oyegun, Former APC Chairman
- Trump grants Religious Freedom in US, students can now pray and read their Bible in school
- PHOTOS: Anthony Joshua visits Buhari in London, shows off his championship Belts
- when i had accident, my father sold his bike to save my Life, today i bought him a car (photos)
- Nigerian Lady celebrates her boyfriend, says’ your di*k is my Life, etc. (photos)