Claims of a customs officer being arrested after allegedly promoting himself to the rank of Controller General of Customs (CGC) to replace its current head, Col.Hameed Ali, has been debunked by the agency.
Recall that a social media rumour alleged that an ASC1 Officer identified as Nura Dalhatu from Katsina state was arrested after he promoted himself to the rank of Comptroller General of Customs (CGC) to replace the current head of the agency, Col.Hameed Ali.
Joseph Attah, a spokesperson for Customs who denied the claim, said the assistant superintendent of the Nigeria Customs Service who resumed office at the Customs Headquarters, Abuja, on Monday morning, showed traits of mental ailments.
“It was obvious that he was not in the right frame of mind,” Mr Attah said. “From the question and the answer he gave.”
Promising to provide additional information about the development, Attah also told Nigerians to pray for the hospitalized officer.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Trump wins impeachment Pool, He cannot be impeached (photos)
- Big Sea turtle caught in Bayelsa state River (photos)
- Imo: Buhari sends message to PDP over protests
- APC blasts PDP for protesting against Supreme Court, says’ it is a threat to Nigeria Democracy
- Bayelsa is not part of Biafra, IPOB members caught holding meeting will be beaten – Ijaw Youths