Shanghai Disney Resort is temporarily shut down to help prevent the spread of a new coronavirus outbreak.
The flu-like virus first originated in Wuhan, China, at the start of the month and has so-far killed 26 people and infected more than 830. Park operators at Walt Disney Co’s Shanghai Disney Resort have now said the area will be closed off from Saturday, despite the Chinese Lunar New Year holiday, which starts Friday.
A notice on their website reads: ‘In response to the prevention and control of the disease outbreak and in order to ensure the health and safety of our guests and Cast, Shanghai Disney Resort is temporarily closing Shanghai Disneyland, Disneytown.
‘We will continue to carefully monitor the situation and be in close contact with the local government, and we will announce the reopening date upon confirmation.’
It was gathered that around 830 people have been infected with the disease across China as a whole, while cases have also been found in Japan, Thailand, South Korea and the US.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- African Pastor caught Having $€x with his church member in a Hotel Room (video)
- European union threatens to Ban Nigerians from Travelling to European Countries
- Nigeria Senate introduces bill to create agency for repentant Boko Haram members
- Buhari is dead and buried in a shallow grave in Saudi Arabia – Nnamdi kanu
- My Husband urinates on the bed and keep blaming our Son – Nigerian woman
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)