The face-off between Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State and the national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, got messier on Saturday, as unidentified thugs overnight set ablaze vehicles, canopies and chairs parked at the venue to be used for a political rally in Auchi, Estako West local government area.
The rally which was to hold at an open ground owned by a private individual was said to have been organised by Oshiomhole to receive some defectors into the APC.
According to reports, the suspected thugs who invaded the venue at about 2 am, shot sporadically before they set ablaze over 1000 chairs, the podium, several canopies and two
A chieftain of the APC in the State, Mr. Victor Oshioke, who confirmed the incident to our correspondent in a telephone interview, described it as a new dimension in Edo politics.
Oshioke who is a former spokesman to Adams Oshiomhole urged security agents to fish out the perpetrators and bring them to justice.
“It is very unfortunate at this time. While we are awaiting the police to do their investigation, we want to say that it is quite unexpected and want the security agents to ensure that those responsible are brought to book, because, it is a new dimension in politicking in Edo state, that nobody can meet peacefully, something that is guaranteed by the Constitution.
“It’s getting too much, we experienced it in Benin and again we are experiencing it in Auchi. It is very unfortunate.
“They should let Edo people express their freedom in choosing who rules them. That is our position at this time,” Oshioke said.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- African Pastor caught Having $€x with his church member in a Hotel Room (video)
- European union threatens to Ban Nigerians from Travelling to European Countries
- Nigeria Senate introduces bill to create agency for repentant Boko Haram members
- Buhari is dead and buried in a shallow grave in Saudi Arabia – Nnamdi kanu
- My Husband urinates on the bed and keep blaming our Son – Nigerian woman
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)