The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has re-arraigned a former Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Professor Maurice Iwu, before Justice I. Nicholas Oweibo of the Federal High Court sitting in Ikoyi, Lagos on a four-count charge bordering on money laundering to the tune of N1,203, 000,000.00( One Billion, Two Hundred and Three Million Naira).
Iwu was first arraigned on August 8, 2019 before Justice Chuka Obiozor, a vacation Judge, but the matter was re-assigned to Justice Oweibo for trial.
The former INEC is alleged to have between December 2014 and March 2015, aided the concealment of the sum of N1, 203, 00,000.00(One Billion, Two Hundred and Three Million Naira) in the account of Bio-resources Institute of Nigeria (number 1018603119) domiciled in the United Bank for Africa( UBA) Plc.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Live Updates: US senate Begins Trump Impeachment Trial – what you need to Know
- Buhari Government is working with Boko Haram to kill Christians – CAN
- Amotekun: Self Defense Is International Human Rights – Atiku
- How can Governors setup “Amotekun” when they have not paid Minimum wage ? – Junaid Mohammed
- Imo state: 9 Lawmakers defects to APC, Deputy speaker Resigns