A Nigerian Journalist, Jackson Ude has alleged that the Chief Justice of Nigeria Tanko Muhammad and his colleagues at the Supreme Court purportedly collected the sum of N2.5 billion from Hope Uzodinma of the All Progressives Congress, APC, for a favorable judgement at the apex court’
Recall that the Supreme Court on Tuesday, January 14th annulled the March 9th 2019 election of Emeka Ihedioha as governor of Imo state.
In the lead judgement read by Justice Kudirat Kekere-Ekun, the apex court ruled that records before it proved that election results from 388 polling units during the election, were unlawfully excluded from the overall collated results that declared Ihedioha winner of the state governorship election.
It noted that results from the cancelled polling units amounted to 213, 295 votes, adding that Ihedioha was returned elected, based on wrong computation of results.
According to the apex court, the tribunal and the appellate court failed to properly award justice to Uzodinma when he petitioned them because they misinterpreted his petition.
A Twitter User, Ude, a former Director of Strategy/Communication under Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan purported that agents working for Tanko demanded N2.5bn from Ihedioha for the judgement to be delivered in his favour, but he refused.
According to Ude, after Ihedioha refused to pay the said sum, they agents purportedly from the CJN allegedly approached Uzodinma and showed him a favorable judgement, and he reportedly paid the N2.5billion.
“The Judiciary in Nigeria is dead. It is now all about cash and carry. Agents working for Tanko and his rogue colleagues at the Supreme Court allegedly demanded for N2.5billion from Emeka Ihedioha. He refused. They showed Hope Uzodinma a favorable judgement and he paid N2.5billion,” Ude tweeted.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)
- Inside Buhari’s Government, Ministers and Aides fighting against Each Other – Jackson Ude
- Don’t Date a Girl who cannot Pay her Transport fare to come to see you – Nigerian Lady Advises Men
- Women cheat more than Men – White Lady (video)
- Nigerian Man makes his own Vehicle, test-runs it in Lagos (photos)
- Lawmakers vs Innoson: Foreign Cars permitted but Foreign Rice not permitted – Shehu Sani
- Lady Beats her Mother mercilessly After A Pastor Said she is A Witch (video)
- Lagos: I was accused of an alliance with the Igbos against the Yoruba interest – Agbaje