The Vice President Yemi Osinbajo had a meeting with the South West governors alongside the Inspector General of Police Adamu Mohammed and the Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, in the presidential villa earlier today and it was agreed that Amotekun should go on.
The Special Adviser to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, Laolu Akande, made this known via his Twitter handle.
“News Flash: FG, Southwest Governors agree on Amotekun.
“VP Osinbajo after presiding over National Economic Council, also met with Southwest Governors to sort out the Amotekun issues. The President who is away asked the VP to host the meeting. The AGF & IGP were also in attendance & everyone at the meeting agreed Amotekun should go on.” he tweeted.
Also Read: Biafra: Facebook blocks Nnamdi Kanu
His tweet comes hours after the Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami, released a statement insisting that the security outfit created by South West governors, is illegal and not backed by the constitution.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- African Pastor caught Having $€x with his church member in a Hotel Room (video)
- European union threatens to Ban Nigerians from Travelling to European Countries
- Nigeria Senate introduces bill to create agency for repentant Boko Haram members
- Buhari is dead and buried in a shallow grave in Saudi Arabia – Nnamdi kanu
- My Husband urinates on the bed and keep blaming our Son – Nigerian woman
- Mother of 12 gives birth to 3 Babies at her home – Kaduna
- Buhari is in charge of his Government – BMO
- How ‘Yahoo Boys’ killed the Aso Rock Director with the help of Police
- Nigerian Woman attacks her husband with Knife, cuts off his Nose – Imo state (photos)
- Abba Kyari and National security adviser, Fighting over a police equipment contract (photos)