An estimated three thousand two hundred and one persons were affected directly by flood and windstorm in 21 communities of 6 local governments Areas of Zamfara State.
This was revealed to the Nation by the Executive Secretary, Zamfara State Emergency Management Agency ZEMA, Eng. Sunusi Muhammad Kwatarkwashi.
Kwatarkwashi disclosed that 4 persons were killed by the disaster including a policeman and an army officer from the 6th of June to 17th July this year.
Type of disaster on properties of the people according to him include building collapse, roofs blown up and ransacking of residents from their residential houses and other major and minor disaster.
He stressed that properties worth millions of naira were destroyed in the 21 communities explaining that the affected local governments are Talatar Mafara, Bungudu, Maru, Anka and Gusau local governments Areas of the state.
Kwatarkwashi further disclosed that measures were been taken to curtail the occurrence of the disaster in the near future.
He calls on the people of the state to desist from building houses on waterways and clean up water drainages to complement government efforts saving the lives and properties of the people.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- How i poisoned my mother so that i can have sexual affair with my Father
- There is too much poverty and Backwardness in the North – Emir of Kano
- Nigerian man arrested in Cambodia for disturbing his neighbors, Faces deportation (photos)
- PHOTOS: Fire guts Timber market, destroys goods and properties – Mushin, Lagos
- Before you MARRY, make sure you MONEY – Reno Omokri