At-least 8 eight cows were reportedly killed by lightning at a mountain in Oyinmo Quarters, Ikare Akoko the headquarters of Akoko North East Local Government Area of Ondo State.
The incident happened barely a month after 36 cows were killed by lightning in Ijare town in Ifedore Local Government Area of the state.
It was gathered that the eight cows, owned by some herdsmen, were struck dead while grazing on top of the mountain.
Also Read: 16 Cows Dies in Lagos Accident
The two herders who accompanied the cows were said to have fled the scene after the incident.
However, a source disclosed that five men have been arrested by the men of the state police command for buying the dead cows from the herders.
The source said: “Immediately after the cows were struck dead, the two Fulani boys that followed the cows rushed to the butchers in town and sold the cows to them at cheaper prices. But the police got to know of it and arrested all of them.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- IPOB sends serious warning to Ijaw youths for threatening to beat IPOB members in Bayelsa
- Iran wants to Negotiate with US, but they want their Sanctions Removed, No thanks! – Trump
- Trump shows off New US Air Force Logo he designed (Photos)
- Leah Sharibu forced to accept Islam, gives birth for Boko Haram commander
- How i raped an epileptic girl inside Bush after threatening her with Gun – Nigerian hunter