The Catholic Parish Priest of St. James, the Greater Parish, Ugbawka, in Enugu State, Rev FR Paul Offu is dead.
He was reportedly shot by suspected Fulani herdsmen on Thursday evening.
The death was announced on the Facebook page of the Diocese.
It read: “TRAGEDY STRIKES AGAIN IN ENUGU DIOCESE!!!
”With a deep sense of sorrow, the Catholic Diocese of Enugu announces the tragic death of REV FR PAUL OFFU who was shot dead this evening (1st August 2019) by some hoodlums suspected to be the notorious and murderous Fulani herdsmen, along Ihe-Agbudu Road in Awgu LGA.
”Offu hailed from Okpatu in Udi LGA of Enugu State and until his death, was the parish priest of St. James the Greater Parish, Ugbawka.
”May perpetual light shine upon his gentle and illustrious soul.”
According to the reports gathered, Priests of the Catholic Diocese of Enugu are currently staging a protest and marching towards the Enugu State Government House over the gruesome murder of one of their own, Late Rev. Fr. Paul Offu.
Father Offu was murdered by yet-to-be-identified men along the Ihe-Agbudu Road in Awgu on Thursday night, August 1st.
Until his death, Father Offu was the parish priest of St. James the Greater Parish, Ugbawka.
The protesting priests are demanding the immediate arrest of Offu’s killers. See more photos below
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Boko Haram attacks Adamawa state, Many feared Dead
- Indian man makes Donald Trump status, worships it as his God (video)
- Meet the Nigerian Governor who has been Governing his state from Abuja since 2019
- Abba Kyari vs Monguno: Buratai withdraws Soldiers working with National security Adviser
- Boko Haram Bill is satanic and unconstitutional, An Invitation to another Civil War – Human Rights
- Oluwo gets 6 months suspension for threatening to destroy fellow Traditional Ruler
- Boko Haram Bill is a Plot to grant amnesty to Boko Haram – Ohanaeze
- God is Punishing the North with Insurgency for killing 2 million Igbos During Biafra war – Ohanaeze Replies Sultan of sokoto
- Court Orders DSS to Probe Bayelsa Deputy Governor
- Senator Ndume Rejects Boko Haram Bill, says’ It will Encourage people to Join Boko Haram