At least 19 cows were killed by lightening at Iba in Ifelodun Local Lightening kills 19 cows in Osun.
on Saturday that some Fulani herdsmen were rearing their cattle on the field around Apala area of the town when the incident happened. It was learnt that all the 19 cows on the field at that time were killed by the thunder.
In his reaction to the incident, the monarch of the town, Oba Adekunle Oyedeji, sympathized with the victims, while urging them to burn the dead cows to avoid outbreak of epidemic.
Oba Oyedeji, in a statement by his media assistant, Gbolagunte Bamigbola, called for calm among indigenes and residents of the town.
“The people of Iba, have over the years been living harmoniously with Fulani natives living in our domain.
“The death of the cows belonging to the Fulani cattle rearers living among us was a natural occurrence ocassioned by a thunder that struck in the town”, the monarch said.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Iran wants to Negotiate with US, but they want their Sanctions Removed, No thanks! – Trump
- Trump shows off New US Air Force Logo he designed (Photos)
- Leah Sharibu forced to accept Islam, gives birth for Boko Haram commander
- How i raped an epileptic girl inside Bush after threatening her with Gun – Nigerian hunter
- How I slept with my Son and Later got Pregnant for Him – Nigerian Woman