The Governor of Zamfara state, Bello Matawalle has sent all staff of Shattima Model Primary School, Gusau, on indefinite suspension following the Violation of the holy Qur’an in the school.
“The school has also been shut pending full investigation by the state Basic Education Commission,” said a statement issued in Gusau on Saturday by Yusuf Idris, the Director-General, Press Affairs to the governor.
The News Agency of Nigeria gathered that pages of the Qur’an were discovered around 11am on Friday in the sewage of the school.
The governor, who is currently in the United States to woo investors to the state, assured that the government would fish out the perpetrators.
He directed immediate deployment of three additional security guards to all public primary schools in the state capital to beef up security.
“Government will deal ruthlessly with anyone with a hand in this dastardly act, however highly placed,” he said and urged residents to be more vigilant.
Matawalle said people should report suspicious movements in their areas to security agencies or Shariah commission officials for prompt intervention.
- Supreme Court have penetrated Imo state with their evil plans and inhuman policies – Imo General Assembly
- AFC bans Iran from hosting international football competitions
- Davido and Chioma Unfollows Each Other On Instagram over cheating scandal (photos)
- Buhari should Arrest all the Yoruba Leaders Behind “Operation Amotekun” – Miyetti Allah
- PHOTOS: Buhari arrives London