Governor of kano state ‘Abdullahi Ganduje’ has vowed to drag Governor Nyesom Wike to court over the alleged demolition of the Rainbow Town Central Mosque in Trans-Amadi area of Port Harcourt, Rivers State capital.
The Governor of one of the 12 northern states practicing Sharia Law said he received the news of the demolition with shock while promising to seek legal redress against the Rivers State Government.
“As government, we have started touching appropriate quarters against the demolition. Kano State is known for peaceful coexistence between Muslims and Christians, we should, therefore, improve on that and remain calm and peaceful. People should live peacefully with one another. And I am assuring the general public that, all necessary action against this demolition will be taken through appropriate authorities” Ganduje said in a statement released on his behalf by his Chief Press Secretary, Abba Anwar.
The statement further added that the Kano State Governor would institute “legal action against this demolition of the Mosque as well contest it with appropriate authorities for redress”.
This is coming barely 24 hours after a former Governor of Kano state and Senator representing Kano Central Senatorial district, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau described the mosque demolition as reckless and careless.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Men should Mastubet at least 21 times every month to avoid prostate cancer – World Health
- 4 workers of French Christian NGO missing in Iraq
- Trump Becomes first U.S president to attend Anti-Abortion Rally in America
- “I will kill Trump tomorrow, you will see it” – man bags 5 years in Jail for threatening to kill Trump
- Nigerian man slaps someone to death in Anambra state (Photos)