The witnesses the Peoples Democratic Party and Atiku Abubakar were hoping to present at the Presidential tribunal today, were allegedly attacked by gunmen.
Following the attack, Justice Mohammed Garba adjourned hearing on the PDP and Atiku /Obi Petition to Monday, the 15th of July 2019.
Raising an alarm over the alleged attack on its verified Twitter page on Friday, the PDP tweeted;
“Breaking News: PDP and Atiku/Peter Obi’s witnesses attacked by unknown gunmen.
“Information reaching us is to the effect that, witnesses that were supposed to testify at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal for the PDP today were attacked by unknown gunmen.
“Dr. Livy Uzoukwu, the lead counsel for the PDP and Atiku/Obi at the Tribunal informed the court that the witnesses were attacked on their way from their various destinations as they were coming to the court to testify against the fraud in the last February 23, 2019 elections
“In view of the above information, the Trial Judge, Justice Mohammed Garba has adjourned hearing on the PDP and Atiku /Peter Obi Petition to Monday, the 15th of July 2019.”
1. Breaking News: @OfficialPDPNig and @atiku/@PeterObi’s witnesses attacked by unknown gunmen. Information reaching us is to the effect that, witnesses that were supposed to testify at the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal for the PDP today were attacked by unknown gunmen— Official PDP Nigeria (@OfficialPDPNig) July 12, 2019
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Nigerian Woman kills her kids, commits suicide after her husband slept with her maid (photos)
- APC was created to fight poverty – Osinbajo
- How Fulani Herdsmen attacked me in my Farm, shot at me – Ortom, Governor of Benue
- Femi Adesina is sick for saying that Insecurity has reduced under Buhari – Fani Kayode
- Exclusive: Catholic Bishop spotted on Okada – Enugu state (photos)