ENUGU- A 67 years old woman, Mrs. Regina Mba has been allegedly raped and killed by suspected Fulani herdsmen at an Enugu suburb, Nchatacha-Nike in Enugu East local government area of Enugu state.
The incident brought about large protest by members of the community who brought the corps of the woman along Enugu-Abakaliki, blocked the highway, burning tyres and prevented vehicular movement.
The protest attracted a large number of security personnel, including the army, police, Air force, who immediately embarked on air surveillance until the crowd was dispersed and movement resumed.
President General of Nchatancha-Nike community, Mr. Kingsley Anike who spoke exclusively with Vanguard said “She (the deceased) went to farm yesterday (Wednesday) within the hours of 2pm and 6 in the evening, she was attacked. Later in the evening when we expected her home, she didn’t come back. We started searching for her throughout the night and this morning (Thursday), there was an expanded search team.
“It wasn’t really a distant farm, it is a nearby farm because people are not leaving far from the location, so we saw her corps lying dead and on getting there we saw her undies were torn apart, lying by the side, she sustained stabbing on her hands and at the back of her neck and she is dead already.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Nigerian man arrested for sexually abusing his Little Daughter and Son – Abuja (photos)
- Buhari created Boko Haram, He cannot defeat Himself – Fani Kayode
- I can’t stop saying the Truth, I fear Nobody, I have 4 Lions in Me – Fani Kayode
- Police shoots Iraqis protesting against US military Presence in Iraq, 4 dead (photos)
- Trump Defense team already winning the Impeachment Trial, Hits back on Democrats (read)