Adelani Adepegba, Abuja
Embattled Senator Elisha Abbo, who allegedly assaulted a nursing mother at an adult toy shop in Abuja, has arrived at the Federal Capital Territory Police Command for interrogation.
The Peoples Democratic Party lawmaker representing Adamawa North Senatorial District is currently being interrogated by detectives.
The FCT Police Commissioner, Bala Ciroma, confirmed to The PUNCH that Abbo was presently interacting with operatives at the command.
“He is still with us,” Ciroma explained.
Our correspondent learnt that the senator earlier met with the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu, at the Force headquarters before heading to the command for questioning.
Following the outrage over a trending video of the young lawmaker assaulting his victim, the IG had directed the CP to carry out an investigation into the incident.
The IG also asked Ciroma to undertake a forensic investigation of the footage which showed Abbo repeatedly slapping his victim over what appeared to be a minor disagreement while a police officer looked on.
- Amotekun: Nigeria is Not Working – Oyegun, Former APC Chairman
- Trump grants Religious Freedom in US, students can now pray and read their Bible in school
- PHOTOS: Anthony Joshua visits Buhari in London, shows off his championship Belts
- when i had accident, my father sold his bike to save my Life, today i bought him a car (photos)
- Nigerian Lady celebrates her boyfriend, says’ your di*k is my Life, etc. (photos)