Nigerians and other nationals in South Africa were on Sunday asked to leave immediately.
Residents of hostels in eastern Johannesburg marched along Jules Street in the area, demanding that “foreigners must go back to where they came from”.
Sowetan Live reports that the protesters, were heading to Jules Park where former IFP leader Mangosuthu Buthelezi is expected to address them.
However, the leadership of hostel dwellers in Johannesburg has asked the government to engage the citizens about finding solutions to the clashes with foreign nationals.
Siphiwe Mhlongo, chairman of hostel headmen (izinduna) in Gauteng, said; “We are not happy with how the government has tried to resolve the problems that the country is facing.
“The government must come speak to the people and explain what it is going to do with the foreign nationals who are here illegally,” Mhlongo said.
WATCH VIDEO BELOW:
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
Share your story with us: Whatsapp: 09029172905, Email: News@odinceblog.com
- Ihedioha vs Uzodimma: I declare judgment upon those who curse me for nothing – Mbaka
- Fani Kayode blasts Anthony Joshua for Prostrating for Buhari, says’ its disgusting
- Nollywood Actress, Funke Akindele refuses to attend her father’s Burial (photos)
- There will be crisis in Nigeria, if the North retains presidency in 2023 – Yoruba Elders
- FREEDOM: Hong Kong protesters beats up policemen for trying to stop their protest (video)