A 22 year old Hausa man, Abdulbasit Umar, has been arrested by Taraba state police command for aiding the kidnap of his own sister, Amina Umar, 10 years old on her way to school.
The suspect alongside two other accomplices, Sadiq Sani and Abdullahi Habib were said to have demanded the sum of N10 million as ransom to free the young girl.
Spokesman of the state police command, DSP David Misal, who paraded the suspects alongside 12 others for kidnapping and armed robbery, explained that officers of the State Investigative Bureau arrested the trio en-route to collect a ransom of N4 million which they later settled for.
According to him, “my aim was that after collecting the money, I will proceed with my education abroad.” One of his accomplice, Sadiq Sani who claimed to be a childhood friend of the major suspect, said he connived with his friend to help him get money from the father.
- Davido and Chioma Unfollows Each Other On Instagram over cheating scandal (photos)
- Buhari should Arrest all the Yoruba Leaders Behind “Operation Amotekun” – Miyetti Allah
- PHOTOS: Buhari arrives London
- 2020 prophecy: still talking about Biafra, I see a New Nation coming out of a Nation
- Iranian Leaders should Abandon Terrorism and Make Iran Great Again – Trump