THREE persons have been confirmed dead and two others injured as a result of flood, which ravaged parts of Jos North Local Government, Plateau State.
The casualties are residents of Zinaria community in Jos North Local Government area, where the flood pulled down nine houses and rendering the occupants homeless.
A witness, Sani Bello, said: “The incident happened on Wednesday at about 5.30pm, when downpour, resulted in over flooding of the narrow waterway and eventually pulled down fences and residential houses.
“The casualties occurred because the victims were indoors during the rain and the building collapsed on them. The water washed three of them away and they died in the process. One of them was my elder sister; she was pregnant and came here for a visit from Naraguta, a nearby community. Her body had been found and buried.
“Right now, one lady with a broken leg is in the hospital and a seven-year-old, Ibrahim, is okay now.”
However, Senator Istifanus Gyang, who is representing Plateau North in the 9th National Assembly, has visited the area to commiserate with the people.
Follow on Twitter @odinceblog
- Police arrests couple for posting a video of the husband brushing his wife’s hair (video)
- Amotekun: Miyetti Allah is sick, they should go to T.B Joshua for Deliverance – Fani Kayode
- Nigeria does not exist in our consciousness, It must break up whether we like it or not – Remi Oyeyemi
- US troops blocks Russian Forces from entering Syria Oil Field (video)
- Exposed: How Uzodimma paid supreme court “₦2.5 billion” to declare him Governor of Imo state – Journalist